View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown370 View Post
I am fully aware of why BMW registers the batteries and I understand what your saying about registering the battery, but the $1200 I saved on the two batteries, I can buy 11 more batteries if they fail in a year or two but, I wont have to because the batteries have 3 year free replacement warranties. If not registering the battery will make it last 2 yrs vs 4 yrs that is the chance I will take anyway. I am just saying. There are many other folks on the forum who have used other than BMW batteries without registering them without a problem.

I'm know BMW service is a lot cheaper in Europe, since I was in Germany for 3 yrs, but here in the states $1400 for two batteries is ridiculous.
I'm saying use an non-OEM battery & get it registered at an independent garage, not BMW. Oh, BMW dealers are a rip off here too! The software & cable needed to register the battery (& do lots of other things ) can be got to the US for $80 (BM Technic) so that's another route you could go, become self sufficient for diagnostics & other jobs.