View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
IPOD/IPhone 4s Question

i installed factory aux. i had factory ipod on my 7 and it was a lot more involved to do the retrofit. either option is relatively easy and cheap to install in comparison.
if it is the same as my 745, it takes the spot of, or is installed in the place where; the cd changer would be.. (us driver side in the back behind the little compartment for the x5)hardest part is to run the wires. other than that its pretty easy. 745 needed A lot more involvement and coding than that.

factory aux i got from bavauto and literally installed it in my ashtray (i dont smoke) in about 15 minutes. i don't know if its as easy for you with dsp and nav though.. i chose that because i also have an iphone 5 and the stock plug is for the regular apple iphone/pad/pod. my apple lightning adapter works and worked with my 7 also. but it has to be the real apple one i don't know any aftermarkets that will work with bmws ipod integration.. either way i decided i would rather just use the aux it sounds great and i didnt really have to do much to avoid using cds.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i