06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Join Date: Jun 2013
Mein Auto: Toyota
What do you wish you would have known?
I'll be on the market for an X3 soon and I just had some random questions I'd like answered. My family has a history of BMW ownership, and this will be my first time owning a BMW.
1. What is the estimated cost and/or intervals of maintenance on your X3? This includes oil changes, tire rotations (although I've read not to rotate tires on the X3), air filters, etc.
2. Do the Service Representatives try to upsell you unnecessary things when you bring the car in for maintenance? Every time I take my Toyota in for an oil change, they always grab me from the waiting area to come look at some filthy thing that just happens to need replacement ASAP in an effort to get me to buy something, and it drives me nuts.
3. How's the road noise at speeds 65+ mph?
4. Does the cargo cover come standard?
5. Does the Bluetooth audio streaming display track information from your phone? What about track info from third party apps like pandora and Spotify?
7. Does anyone have a "clear bra" on their hood/front bumper? Is it very noticeable?
8. Did you finance through the dealership or elsewhere? I'm a member of my employer's credit union, so I think I can get pre-approved for a pretty low interest rate. Does the dealership seem more willing to work with you on the price of the car if they know you're going to finance through them?
9. Are there any add-ons that the dealership will try to sell me that are actually worth it? Ex: Prepaid maintenance, Extended warranties, Things of that nature...
10. Final request! Please share any words of wisdom, things you found out about the car after your purchase, or even things you wish you hadn't found out about the car post-purchase. Remember, any and all information is much appreciated!
That's all, folks! I'm sure I'll post more questions as I think of them, but that'll be all for now. Thanks, everyone!