View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Being in the city here, we don't put that many miles on the car. I think it's about 10K/year. In that time, all we've had to do is replace the oil/change air filter and replace the wiper blades. So, maintenance is about annual right now.

Service centered vary from dealer to dealer. During the warranty period, you've got nothing to worry about. After that, you may want to find a good independent mechanic.

No issues with road noise at 65mph+.

Cargo cover (to hide your stuff) is standard.

We usually just use Pandora and there's a great plugin for that. Can't recall what track information is provides, but I think it does display it.

No bra here.

Financed through our credit union here because they had the lowest rate. Finance officer did not sway us either way.

We paid for extra care of exterior and interior particularly because of the Oyster leather. In hindsight, we probably could have dropped it. However, I would seriously reconsider getting the tire hazard warranty. We took on a screw in the tire after just 500 miles. Run flats will run you $400/each easily. Take that into account.

Other stuff:

Be prepared to be frustrated with the nav!

Do not let the price of the 35i over the 28i dissuade you. the 35i comes with many options standard that might make the 35i more worth your while. I think I would have been happier with this (I have 28i now) and I would definitely have opt'd for the paddle shifters (not available on the 28i).

Love the HUD.

Do a really thorough test drive--not just their standard pattern. If you're a regular BMW driver who typically drives a 3 or a 5, be prepared for the higher distance above the road. I miss my old 325 for being closer to the road. But, when it comes to moving multiple bikes and snowboarding equipment, it became a necessity for us. You are sacrificing some of that feel of the road (not dramatic) and road handling with an X3 or X5.

Hope that helps and good luck!