View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM
just some random guy

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Make sure you specify you want roof rails, if you want them. They're not standard, and the $250 option for satin aluminum rails (on the non-M package) is not an "upgrade" - those are the base rails.

Also, if you want a trailer hitch, best to ask for it to be installed up front (will save you money) or shop around for parts. Most (genuine BMW) parts can be had for much less than MSRP. Check http://www.circlebmwparts for some pretty good deals. I've dealt with them a number of times.

The only insurance/extra you have to decide on at the time of delivery is tire/wheel insurance. Everything else can wait.

Cargo cover comes standard (the storage package is standard which means you get the tie-down lugs and some other netting).

Road noise at higher speeds is much better than my last car but still noticeable, especially in a crosswind. The RFTs are a bit noisier than their traditional counterparts.

Get the HUD and the top view parking. Totally worth it - and the blackout display that you get with the HUD is an added bonus.

Last edited by aberrant; 06-20-2013 at 06:10 AM.