View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
I get 25-27 in the city on eco-pro and comfort more and 33-35 on highway on my 35i. I'm easy on the gas pedal though. No issues with road noise.

Nav is a hit or miss. I like that it integrates well with HUD and all but there is one major flaw. I come from the world of garmin GPS and expect a certain degree of accuracy in the GPS. Last weekend I went to Ikea in West Chester, Cincinnati. Entered the address in BMW nav and it took me in the middle of I-275 and announced that I have reached my destination (I could see that it was on the side but the GPS took me in the middle of the interstate without any exits in sight). I had to make a 6 mile u turn and use my iPhone's GPS to reach the correct destination.

My other pet peeve with the BMW nav is announcement of destination. with my Garmin, I knew if my destination is on the left or right side of the road - allowing me enough time to change lanes. BMW nav seems to announce it only on some locations - mostly just 100-200 feet before the destination (which is not enough to change lanes).

Lastly, I really wish we had a trip overview option in the nav which would list all the interstates, roads I'm supposed to take (in case I want to avoid certain roads).

Last edited by vzx; 06-20-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo