View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
The finance office at that dealer has more manure than a Ft Worth feedlot.

Do your oil changes at the interval you are comfortable with, if more ferquently than BMW recommends. Do not reset the service indicator. Take it in to the dealer when the car tells you to (newfangled condition based service) or at least once per year through you 4 yr/50K free service in addition to any service you do. You decide if an extended service/warranty policy makes economic sense for you and how your indie service shop would play into that.

There's a thread around here somewhere that decsribes how to reset the service indicator. I am sure your indie shop knows how to do it on the F-series vehicles, too.

If you do your own oil changes, you'll need a new wrench for the oil filter cap - 86.5 mm, 16 flats. Several threads about that tool here, with different places to buy it. The drain is the std 17mm. Both torque to 25 Nm. Here is a great "ho to" - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=549519. Even though this is for the old 6-cyl "2.8" engine, it is the same for the X3 35i.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 06-24-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added more detail