View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightima View Post
Daryl, it sounds to me the invisihitch does have superior spec over the oem, the only drawback is lacking of the PDC reprograming... any insight?
We probably need to do a better job of informing people that we offer our invisihitch with the exact same wiring harness that comes with the dealer hitch. So with the invisihitch you get a higher-capacity hitch, 100% stealth, AND your X3 gets reprogrammed the same way as if you had installed the dealer hitch.

Once reprogrammed, your vehicle will automatically disable the rear PDC sensors whenever a trailer is plugged in. It will also activate a trailer-stability module that applies alternate wheel braking in the event of trailer "snaking" (repetitive swaying). And it will inform you with a dash light if any bulb on the trailer burns out, as well as give you some other dandy features.

I agree with you that there are a number of advantages to using the OEM trailer-wiring harness and reprogramming the vehicle to communicate with it. I just wish more people knew that the invisihitch comes with the OEM harness! Perhaps now they will. So thank you for posting.

Daryl
daryl@invisihitch.com