View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: E60 530xi
e60 NOOB!

Hey guys...this is an awesome thread!! I am a virgin to e60 and to Bimmerfest
--->I was directed here from Bimmerforums, thanks to member 'Booyaazaa'.

I just bought my first E60: a 2007 530xi (after selling the '03 E39, I said I would never buy another BMW, but this one struck me and it was an impulse buy). It's Titanium Grey Metallic on Black leather; fully loaded with pretty much EVERY available option except sunshades and Active Cruise.

Some things that surprised me:
1) If you have the headlights on, they will turn off with the ignition..but the park lamps/andgel eyes will stay on and drain your battery (seems counter-intuitive to me).
2) Active Curve Illumination only works if you have the headlight setting to 'Auto' (again, weird)
3) Cool that bluetooth is built-in and doesn't require any extra modules or silly adapters (unlike my E550)
4) In heads-up Display, the speed you set for cruise control is only displayed until the vehicle actually reaches that speed, then it disappears
5) iDrive is really slow, reading of navigation DVD and route planning is really slow
6) Comfort Access remote can also take a 2025 battery, at the expense of sensitivity for lock/unlock by door handle
7) the Sat Radio antenna is sucky---reception cuts out; something I would not expect out of a $65k vehicle (I have been in Fords and Chevys and Chryslers with more reliable antennas)