View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
People in Florida, or other hot climates, may be glad they don't have to pay for heated seats they'll never use. There's always a compromise between making every single item "standard", and having the ability to pay for only what you want or need. I like things the way they are. If the feature is available, what difference does it make whether you add it as an option? I would venture to say that most on-lot vehicles are equipped for that climate, meaning, if I should want an in-stock car from my Maryland dealer, I'll bet you 99.9% of their inventory has heated seats. Then again, I don't buy $60K cars, or even $40K, from a dealer's lot. I order the car how I want it, colors, options, etc. I couldn't care less if a feature is standard or optional -- except where I would be forced to pay for a standard feature I don't want. YMMV.
The Audi dealer locally receives nearly 100% of their cars with Quattro (AWD) drive. In Florida that's not the case.

I like things the way they are also. This does drive the price of German cars up, having most options standard keeps the cost of Japanese cars down. However, this does allow for much more flexibility with the German cars.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.