View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Just Confused...

Mein Auto: 01 530i; 04 S2k; 94 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
People in Florida, or other hot climates, may be glad they don't have to pay for heated seats they'll never use. There's always a compromise between making every single item "standard", and having the ability to pay for only what you want or need. I like things the way they are. If the feature is available, what difference does it make whether you add it as an option? I would venture to say that most on-lot vehicles are equipped for that climate, meaning, if I should want an in-stock car from my Maryland dealer, I'll bet you 99.9% of their inventory has heated seats. Then again, I don't buy $60K cars, or even $40K, from a dealer's lot. I order the car how I want it, colors, options, etc. I couldn't care less if a feature is standard or optional -- except where I would be forced to pay for a standard feature I don't want. YMMV.
Options generally have a very small impact on resale; in most cases 20% or less. Exceptions are a few core options (e.g. navigation). Modifications often have a negative impact on resale. All the BMWs are more expensive their their competitors, but the subvented leases pull them even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
+1

I'm very unimpressed with MB's Sport Mode too. Test drove an E-350 and felt no difference. Test drove a C-300 felt no difference. I will say the C at least drove a bit sportier, but not when compared to the 3 or 5 Series.
I think the E-class (other than the AMG and Airmatic option) only affects the transmission. Audi does the steering. You need electrically adjusted dynamic dampers, dynamic anti-roll bars, or active suspension to do more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
The OP has complained in several threads that a $2100 package is required on the BMW for Nappa leather. He fails to mention that even "standard" leather on an E350 is a $1620 option.
He certainly does complain about it; very perceptive of him!

On the E-class the Nappa is $1370, so yes, Nappa leather is nearly $3000 more than vinyl.

Dakota leather is $1450 on a 528i. Nappa used to add $1000. $2450, in the same range. However now it is $3550, big difference! Also, it requires the multicontour seats, $1300. For us, that isn't an issue, we would get them anyway. For others it might be.
All of the packages now required for Nappa include exterior trim and 19" wheels, two things we don't want. In 2013 adding Oyster (a better color than Ivory) Nappa would have been $1000 and avoided the other stuff.

Last edited by DavidNJ; 07-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.