View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
People in Florida, or other hot climates, may be glad they don't have to pay for heated seats they'll never use. There's always a compromise between making every single item "standard", and having the ability to pay for only what you want or need. I like things the way they are. If the feature is available, what difference does it make whether you add it as an option? I would venture to say that most on-lot vehicles are equipped for that climate, meaning, if I should want an in-stock car from my Maryland dealer, I'll bet you 99.9% of their inventory has heated seats. Then again, I don't buy $60K cars, or even $40K, from a dealer's lot. I order the car how I want it, colors, options, etc. I couldn't care less if a feature is standard or optional -- except where I would be forced to pay for a standard feature I don't want. YMMV.
Maybe you didn't get my point correctly (my bad). My response about heated seats being an option was in response to the comment that M-B leather seats are an option. I was simply making a point.

Last edited by jjsC6; 07-12-2013 at 05:08 AM.