View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post

... BMW doesn't treat buyers the same way a Lexus or MB dealer might.
I have to agree having purchased both new and CPOs from both Lexus and BMW.

With respect to the culture of the sales department, Lexus has consistently demonstarted a high level of both sales and service proffessionalism that just does not exist at BMW dealers.

As an example, a few years back I purchased a three year old low mileage CPO RX-300 from a Lexus dealer. The sales process was indistingushable from a new car sales experience. The car was also indistingushable from a new car and was truly in show room perfect condition. A few days ago I purchased a low mileage 2 year old CPO X3 from a BMW dealer. It was an acceptable experience but just not up to the same standards as Lexus. The car was given a good detail job but was certainly not show room perfect, as it should have been. In spite of the CPO checklist the rear windshield wiper was missing and one of the two key fobs was missing. The nav system was still programed with the original owners address book, etc. The dealer is making good on everything but they knew I was coming to get the car for almost a week before I got there (the sale was done over the phone from 250 miles away).

That being said, I hate the Lexus weve currently have (RX350) and will probably not buy another Lexus. It handles like crap and the nav system is not usable when the car is in motion. BMWs are such a pleasure to drive I accept the BS typical at most BMW dealers and will continue to so. BMW is like Apple. If there products were not so outstanding I would not tolerate their lack of customer respect and not buy their products. However, their products are just so good I continue to be a customer.