View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x3 35i
Current cost of wheel & tire insurance

I live in NY. I was dumb enough to pay $1500 for a third party 5 year, no deductible, no limit. Thought I wasted my $$ but a month in 928 miles to be exact, I had already picked up a bolt. I'm sure it could have been patched if i didnt have the warranty as I noticed it early while it still had air in the tire. But I didn't worry, just drove to my closest dealer and they gave me a new tire. By the time I got there, the bolt fell out and I'm sure I drove on a flat for atleast 5 miles.

I didn't buy my car from this dealer so they did give me a minor issue as they claimed they never heard of this warranty company before and they were "out of loaners" as it would take all day to "fix" the tire as they have to get payment first from the insurance company before they would release the car back to me. I was already late for work dealing with this nonsense after waiting for 2 hours. Got frustrated and told them to just charge my CC and give me back my car! With that being said they took my CC info but would only charge me if they couldn't get payment from the insurance company. By the end of the day I got confirmation the dealer got paid from the insurance company. I'm pretty sure it was the dealer who caused the delay because I had already notified the tire insurance company I was going to the dealer and all the Warranty company needed was an invoice from the dealer as they already approved my new tire even before I went to the dealer. (Also, I haven't heard good things about this bmw service station) I really was expecting it to be in and out. The bill came out to $466 after everything!! I have 19inch tires

In the end I feel the warranty was worth it as I have 5 years of worry free driving! All depends on where you live. If I live in Florida or Cali where the roads are near perfect I wouldn't get it. Living in NY my tires and rims are covered. I hope to pick up a flat every 5 months on each tire so I never have to pay to replace them for 5 years lol.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app