View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G37 Coupe
Ok, I'm going to confess here as well, I just paid for this on my deal this week for the 2013 535i GT I leased for 36 months. It adds $30 to the monthly payment but I was a little freaked out over reading a few horror stories on the forum. I already had in mind that I would try to get insurance and in my mind it was worth $20 to $25 a month.

The GT has 20" wheels with the M Sport package and the corresponding run flat tires. I have a coworker that has the run flats on her Corvette (and she has a lot of issues with them) so I did a quick price check and a single tire is going to be in the $400 up range in this area.

So here's why I did it: On the last three cars that I drove off the lot, each of them had to have a tire replaced within 3 months. I know, crappy luck, but if that happened with the GT I would be in for half the policy cost.

The other reason is that I am moving to a new house in two weeks. Only half of the development is up so it will be about 2 years before all homes are completed. I can't believe the number of sharp objects I have found walking around the neighborhood, from nails and screws to just odd pieces of cut metal. It also just not homes being built but the roads, sewers, etc have to go in as well.

I did a lot of research and felt like I got the pricing where I was happy on the car but was not prepared for the tire/wheel insurance portion. If anyone is considering a new BMW anytime soon, would be good to research this before sitting down to sign paperwork.