View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm50 View Post
About 4 months ago I took my X3 to the dealership to have the summer wheels/tire installed and an oil change. This was the first oil change and because I had only driven about 11,000 miles in the first year of ownership I qualified for a low mileage oil change. Since then I have driven another 2,500 miles.
A couple of days ago I had the hood open for some reason decided remove the oil cap to have a look inside. The color of the oil sitting on some small horizontal surfaces was very dark, a lot darker than I would expect oil to be if it only had 2,500 miles of use. From my experience with changing oil on other vehicles I've owned since the age of 16, I'm now 52, it looks like the oil has been in there for all 13,500 miles and was not changed. I have a copy of the service order that says the oil and filter were changed but from what I'm seeing in the engine I'm concerned it was missed. I'm sure if I bring my concerns to the service manager he will just write me off as someone who doesn't know what he' talking about rather than admit they made a huge mistake.

Any suggestions?
I think your only alternative is to submit a sample for analysis, otherwise you will sound like "that guy" to the dealer. An analysis should give you at least half a leg to stand on.