View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
It would be good to capture such an event on a GoPro camera or cell phone for video evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 BMW X6 View Post
I have an 2011 X6 and I am a healthy 39 year old male and I am a licensed single engine pilot with over a 1000 hours. I use only my right leg to drive alternating like we all were trained to do. I say all this to prevent or avoid assumptions of driver error. When coming to a stop with my foot on the brake right at the very end when the car just comes to a stop my 2011 X6 will all of a sudden jerk forward trying to accelerate. The problem is intermittent but every time it happens my heart skips a beat. The motor revs and then idols and then revs and idols. Once the car is completely stopped and the auto-brake is set, the rev comes and I have to mash on the brake to prevent the car from hitting the car in front of me. After reading other posts of similar problems I now can at least convince the BMW dealer that there is indeed an issue. My wife has had the same experience with the car and will not drive it anymore. We have owned the Lexus LS 460, Porsche cayenne, Audi Q7 and the X5; never had this problem. I hope BMW decides to take this seriously before someone hits a pedestrian in a cross walk which almost happened with me.