View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
What's new here? That has always been the case. Carfax has always pretty clearly stated it doesn't have everything and relies on the data providers. People who rely solely on a Carfax and not on checking the car out themselves if qualified or by a qualified mechanic are getting what they pay for.

I do also believe Auto Check is better. I've personally owned SEVERAL vehicles with spotless Carfaxes but issues on Auto Check. Carfax has an advantage in service history for sure, but I think Auto check is better for the important stuff.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

My car had a new bumper - not on carfax - not sure it should be either - it was factory bumper from the dealer - replaced due to rabbit strike in just the wrong place meaning the fog-lamp would not latch back into place (broke the clips that are part of the bumper) - not exactly "real damage" - no metal-work at all... where do you draw the line? I did notice they got some paint on the black trim that is under the bumper after I got it home - kind of pissed me off now because it is overspray - I'll probably replace that trim piece before I trade her... just so I don't get dinged for "you've been in an accident" - not that I'm hiding anything, but it was so minor that anyone who considers it a major problem is someone I don't want to sell it to... they're idiots imo.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!