View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Sentinel View Post
... is their any warning signs to the air compressor going?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm not sure I understand your question thoroughly...so forgive the ramblings below if they are off course.

The 20 digit alpha/numeric display at the bottom center of your instrument cluster is primarily the display for the vehicles Check Control system. (If you have your owners manual...all of the warning for the check control system are listed). If there's an issue with your self leveling suspension...you will get a warning in that CCD (check control display)...it is one of the systems Priority warnings.

The OBC (onBoard CPU) can also be programmed to display all its features or only the ones you want to appear in the CCD...but again, the Check Control system has 1st priority for that screen...and if you get a warning from the CC system...it will have first dibs at the display.

Then you have the cluster TESTs which you can call up to check some of the inputs/outputs/calculations of the IKE (instrument cluster electronics)...but these are just benefits that have been discovered that were not meant for the casual BMW owner.

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg