View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Please know, I am not judging anyone and everyones likes and needs are different. I am just simply surprised by the number of folks choosing looks over performance in what "was" traditionally a performance brand. I think that shows that BMW has succeeded in attracting buyers away from the US/Jap market who may place a higher emphasis on appearance. This strategy will possibly keep BMW a viable company longer than if they stood firm on performance.

This is my first BMW like many here. I said okay to my wife due to the fact of the 4 year maintenance free program. She liked the way it drove and handled and why she wanted a BMW. I have read 100's of posts prior to purchasing. I see where long term owners state that BMW's performance/handling has been diminished over the years, yet to me it is light years away from Acura/Honda/Toyota/Lexus (where I came from). Still, I have read literally dozens of posts where 28i owners wished/regrets not opting for the bigger engine and although there may be some, I have not read a post stating the opposite.

As one can see from my signature, I am more of a purest and appreciate a brand's heritage. I do not ride a Harley as they have become more about the merchandizing than the bike, yet I understand that and may be exactly what has kept them in business over the past 30 years. Most folks have never heard of brand bike I ride yet it has been in continuous production since 1921. You'd be hard pressed to find a t-shirt their name on it too. :>

Last edited by ponti33609; 09-20-2013 at 07:33 AM.