View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 2.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
Okay, but you're not driving around in the best handling SUV on the market. The MB E350 is a couch on wheels. The X3 out handles and performs it.

The 5 Series which it truly competes with in class, perform and handles circles around it. I took the E put for several test drives and wasn't even marginally impressed by its performance. I will say that it's attractive and I do feel the quality of materials used in the E is nice. But, we're in BMW forum and folks here care more about the fun to drive factor than I want to sit in my Lazy Boy lounge chair.

Oh, but we were talking about sound systems. If one is a true audible one would either buy the X3 with a standard stereo and upgrade it through an outside custom installer.

Or, buy an X5 and get the B&O upgraded system.
Don't get offended. I'm not anti BMW. I love my 2012 X3. Yes, it's a great and fun driving SUV. I just see from this forum that many are disappointed in the quality of the stereo whether it is the regular version (like mine) or the premium version. I think some were implying that it might be because it's a Harmon Kardon as opposed to a B&O. I was just pointing out that the HK in my MB was fantastic. What I was saying had nothing to do with how it drives when compared to my MB. I do not even know why you would bring that up. The one real niggle that I have with the BMW is its lousy NAV.