View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
Don't get offended. I'm not anti BMW. I love my 2012 X3. Yes, it's a great and fun driving SUV. I just see from this forum that many are disappointed in the quality of the stereo whether it is the regular version (like mine) or the premium version. I think some were implying that it might be because it's a Harmon Kardon as opposed to a B&O. I was just pointing out that the HK in my MB was fantastic. What I was saying had nothing to do with how it drives when compared to my MB. I do not even know why you would bring that up. The one real niggle that I have with the BMW is its lousy NAV.
Agree about the mediocre NAV. The Germans should use whoever Acura uses in it's MDX and RL models. Totally intuitive and fantastic on the fly system.

I will say that when I took the JD Power survey after purchasing my X3 I blasted BMW for their inferior NAV. I know that many others have done the same. I also know that the 2014 NAV in many Bimmers is better than the 2013. Hopefully the NAV keeps improving. Reliability and NAV are really my only 2 major complaints about the BMW brand.

As previously stated, I like the H-K sound system when I'm listening to high quality CD's or CD's I've copied onto the X3's hard drive. I still am wondering if people here are using inferior source materials: XM/Sirius, iPod, iPhone, internet recordings, poor quality CD recordings- Garbage in begets garbage out.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 09-26-2013 at 07:27 AM.