View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Removing and reinstalling a BMW front bumper cover is not a job for the novice, unless you are pretty good mechanically and willing to spend some time on this project, I would not attempt it yourself. I had a front bumper replace on my 535i, the body shop show me the bag of fasteners that came with the new bumper cover, it was quite a bit of hardware, a lot more than your typical Japanese or American car bumper cover.
Thanks - I was looking through the DIYs on other models and completely agree. High chance of major screw ups! I think I'll have this guy look at it and see what he can do without removal and go from there. I need this fixed though

Regarding the poster who mentioned the senors may not have gone off because of the ropes, you may be right, but given the photographic evidenced where she grinded the rope on the senor, it should've gone off in this instance!
Previous: '02 330i / MT / M-package / Premium -- will miss this near perfect car