View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaX View Post
My question is, did this happen after backing the car out or pressing the parking sensor/camera button next to the shifter (I don't remember what they call it)? The proximity sensors are only active after putting the car in reverse or when they are manually activated.

I feel your pain BTW, only I have no idea who to blame because I found some damage in the exact same spot after returning to my car. Some lame driver clearly needs to grow a sense of ethics and work on his/her parallel parking skills.
It was pulling straight into a parking spot, so she was never in reverse, and since she didn't listen during my walkthrough of the car, she didn't manually engage the sensors. Those sensors are less than an inch in diameter - of course she would rub the wire directly on it! What are the odds...

I wish I didn't have someone to blame for this. My wife is 7 months pregnant. I calmly told her I had to go when she told me. I didn't want myself to get angry with her. The wrath of a pregnant women is severe - I suspect I would've seen some of those LV and Gucci bags on the next CC statement if I would've lost it!
Previous: '02 330i / MT / M-package / Premium -- will miss this near perfect car