View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
I am hesitant to bring it up again (I don't want to get you too excited) but I am extremely happy with the NAV in my 2013 MB E350 Cab. Fantastic. I am especially impressed by the voice control. In the Lexus or my BMW, you sort of need to know and memorize the vocabulary. In the MB, once you hit the voice control button, the screen lists terms you may use without having to memorize it's vocabulary. The map shows a few exits in advance, splits when needed and has never positioned me the incorrect place like the BMW has. The cars knows it's exact position right from the start up as opposed to the BMW whereby it could have me driving on an incorrect street or even a lake for the first couple of minutes until it locks in with the satellite. The MB, Lexus, or even the Honda NAV always locked it with the satellite from the moment it turns on.
It sounds like MB's nav is very much like Audi's latest MMI nav. I always choke back a sob of envy whenever I drive my girlfriend's '12 A6 because MMI is superior in so many ways (SiriusXM traffic vs. FM, tree-based music library navigation vs. search-based, exit info including restaurants + services--to name a few).

Not really related, but I was (guiltily somewhat pleasantly) surprised that the latest 3-series loaner I drove was still using the same generation of nav as my '12 X3. I thought that the latest model years had a newer version?

...and getting back on topic, I guess I'm one of those people that are totally satisfied with the sound quality of the Premium system. Its not the best I've heard but it definitely is better than I had expected by a large margin. That said, I'm still waiting on BSW to produce an upgrade kit for the F25 (why did they bother to list the F25 X3 on their site when they have a blank product page?)...