View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
First, you are not going to be taking delivery on a 28i any time soon (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=724602) so you have plenty of time to work through the options.

Rather than buying a x3 28i off the lot, I would order a 28i in the expectation of getting a car with this issue fixed at the factory as opposed to fixed in the dealer's repair shop....keep looking at these forums as I think there will be a long and lively conversation on this topic

I strongly echo what UncleJ wrote - get with a dealer you can trust who wants your long term repeat business.

Leasing works well if you can write off the expense of your vehicle and/or if you don't drive much. I put over 15K miles per year on my vehicles. So the only time I tried a lease, it did not work well for me: I had to artificially restrict my driving and paid more money over the life of the vehicle in the end. I should have just figured out how to make the higher payments on a purchase. Lesson: run your numbers.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine