View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Mein Auto: Volvo XC90 & BMW R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponti33609 View Post
Roof rails are just a few hundred bucks and might be worth it for resale alone if you don't ever use yourself.

If you are a radio guy, the stock radio isn't great. We aren't so saved a grand there.

If you plan on keeping your vehicle I got a extended warranty (Fidelity 7/70) which covers seals and gaskets (BMW's plan doesn't) for less than $1,300 bucks. A few grand under what my dealer wanted to sell me. First BMW so worth the peace if mind although I do not usually keep cars that long.

I think you will be very happy with your engine choice. This is my wife's car and we only have one currently. This has been by far the most fun I have ever had with a car despite it being an SUV.

Yes. My bike is a 2000 Guzzi V11 Sport. Your R1200R is a great bike.

Best of luck!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thanks for the suggestions. I usually lease but was planning on purchasing this time around, I guess the extended warranty is worthwhile if I can get it for the right price. I can only imagine what BMW's seals and gaskets go for. I did the 12K mile service on my R1200 in May and it required a gasket kit which went for $96 and that is for a twin cylinder 1200 CC motor.

Like yourself, I'm not a radio guy. I enjoy SAT radio and playing music through my iPod but don't want to invest a grand for the upgrade. My upgrade dollars will be spent on the 3.5i engine

I've seen several Guzzi's over the years but never ridden one. I've always found the cylinder head configuration interesting. Your bike looks awesome. What is the weight and is it a smooth motor?