View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I usually lease but was planning on purchasing this time around, I guess the extended warranty is worthwhile if I can get it for the right price. I can only imagine what BMW's seals and gaskets go for. I did the 12K mile service on my R1200 in May and it required a gasket kit which went for $96 and that is for a twin cylinder 1200 CC motor.

Like yourself, I'm not a radio guy. I enjoy SAT radio and playing music through my iPod but don't want to invest a grand for the upgrade. My upgrade dollars will be spent on the 3.5i engine

I've seen several Guzzi's over the years but never ridden one. I've always found the cylinder head configuration interesting. Your bike looks awesome. What is the weight and is it a smooth motor?
The warranty guy's name is Troy Dietrich. TDietrich@FD-Warranty.com I got his name off of this forum. Folks seem to like him. Very easy to deal with getting me set-up. Like I said, think it was under $1,300 for a 7/70. he told me you need to buy before you hit 10K miles or prices go up a bit. We only put about 7K a year on it though.

Guzzi's are not as smooth as a BMW. Most folks think it looks fast till they try it and thinks it runs more like a supped up lawnmower. Weighs just under 500 lbs and gets only about 30mpg but I live in the city, if Tampa is a city, :> so rarely get out of 2nd gear.

Last edited by ponti33609; 09-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.