View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Will just chime in on a couple of the above.

I have the brushed aluminum with a black interior and love it. I think it looks better than the wood, if I had a different interior color I would have ordered one of the woods. You mention black to hide dirt from the kids and that's exactly why I got it but I must say the sandy/dirty bottoms of their shoes shows up rather well on the black! I would highly recommend the X-line floor liners (not mats) as they have a big lip on them that will catch all the dirt and dropped cheerios! That way you can just lift the liner out and toss the trash or vacuum it out easily.

I would order roof rails now, it's only a couple of hundred bucks and it will be a lot more if you have to add them later, also will help with resale. Depending on how old your kids are the rear sun shades are nice and again should be ordered now.

Accessory phone cradle is not worth it in my opinion. 99% of what most people want to do can be done with Bluetooth or a normal cable. I did purchase the cradle so I could play videos from my iphone on the Nav display (in park of course) but BMW disabled this feature for 2014 models (I heard you can recode it back but haven't tried) and so the only other benefit was a connection to the outside antennae and that wasn't worth $250 to me. Living in Irvine I doubt you will need it either.

Can't comment on the premium audio as I haven't heard it but I'm not an audiophile so I was never going to order it.

Make sure you check out a local Bimmerfest sponsor before ordering to make sure you get the best deal and enjoy it when it arrives!
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades

Last edited by ironfan; 10-04-2013 at 07:36 PM.