View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGinOC View Post
Color: Carbon Black or Alpine White (not sure which looks better with M package)
2. I'm not sure what the difference is between shadowline and satin trim? What about the roof rails?
I'm in the process myself and my personal opinion is that the X3 M package in white is gorgeous -- the lighter exterior colors show off the lines. Carbon Black, while a dramatic and beautiful color, is too difficult to keep looking nice, in my opinion. My comment about white notwithstanding, the X3 would replace my 2011 328i wagon, which is alpine white with chestnut leather and I would prefer to change up the color so am thinking about red; Alpine White is still in the running but current 2nd place. Of course, color is a very individual thing....YMMV.

The question on the trim is easy: "Shadowline" is BMWspeak for black, but note that the variant on the US-market X3 is the fancy high-gloss shadowline. I like it but it tends to show fingerprints, etc. The alternative on an M sport is satin aluminum, i.e., silver color. Not chrome but satin silver.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport