View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyBgood View Post
Hmm really? Well I bought a Pontiac GTO which now has over 400whp NA for performance. Road course use btw.

When I put it on max AC it blasts the air at full tilt which I don't need it to blow the air that hard. Yes I made sure it was on recirculation. With AC on I will manually adjust the strength of the air to medium low and it'l blow very very cold then all of the sudden it will feel as if I turned the temp up to 80*. When I get back in the car I'll tinker with it again.
Yes, I remember the GTO conversation and If I remember right, I said, if you are not looking for performance, why buy a BMW, a minivan is a lot more useful for a growing family and a much better value. If you want a good looking SUV, there are many other SUVs out there that looks better as well.
The fastest way to cool down a BMW on a hot day is to leave it on max when you start the car. Once it is somewhat cool inside the cabin, switch it to auto and adjust to the normal temp as you would in your other non-BMW cars, take that temp and minus about 4 degrees. Adjust the center vent temp knob as needed.