View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyBgood View Post
That's your opinion if you feel they're better looking SUV's in this price range. Minivan? My wife would put me in the dog house if got that. lol We have one kid right now and don't plan on having another until maybe 2-3 years from now. You can always say there's cheaper cars to have but we had a budget and we made it clear what we wanted to shop for.

We simply have different views to what a performance SUV is , as I stated earlier the JEEP SRT is something I personally feel would be a performance vehicle. Maybe even the X5 4.4 445hp Twin Turbo as well and cars alike. That's what I would shop for if I were dead on performance. But that's just me. What is an extra 60hp gonna do for us? I mean it didn't feel much different to me so why would I pay all that extra money for such a small gain in performance. (imo after driving both engines). I'm sure I can go to Active Autowerke here in Miami and reflash the 2.0 Turbo to have nearly the same power as a 3.0 for a fraction of the cost. But then again why? not for me, not for this kinda of vehicle or for our intended use.

I consider the X3 with M package as a very cool looking grocery getter that handles great with adequate space for hauling things around easily. Something me and the wife need right now. BMW made a vehicle that packaged everything perfectly to our liking. I wasn't really into BMW's before because I'm more of a American muscle car kinda guy but so far we're very pleased with it as it gets the job done in style.
Exterior styling is very subjective, everyone is different in that regard.
The Jeep SRT kind of remind me of the old American muscle cars, way too much engine and not enough handling, its like putting a Corvette engine in a Hummer Whats the point? As far as the X5 50i, now you are talking about a SUV that is close to $80K, comparing apples to oranges really.
You are correct that if you are going to buy a strip down X3 28i, it doesnt make sense to upgrade the 35i due to the cost. However, if you were to load up the 28i, the different is only about $2000 for the 35i.
Enjoy your new car.