View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 325i manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Exterior styling is very subjective, everyone is different in that regard.
The Jeep SRT kind of remind me of the old American muscle cars, way too much engine and not enough handling, its like putting a Corvette engine in a Hummer Whats the point? As far as the X5 50i, now you are talking about a SUV that is close to $80K, comparing apples to oranges really.
You are correct that if you are going to buy a strip down X3 28i, it doesnt make sense to upgrade the 35i due to the cost. However, if you were to load up the 28i, the different is only about $2000 for the 35i.
Enjoy your new car.
Well, everything is more or less subjective. I don't get to drive ours very often but I do think that the power on 28i is plenty. Yes, it is an SUV, not a race car. The price difference between 28i and 35i is more than that but I agree that for 2014 models it is comparatively less than what it used to be in 2013. And on the options it is also subjective, if I were buying 2014 model I might think long and hard about the premium package (that we got in 2013). IMO, in 2014 it does not contain anything that I consider essential. Features that I wanted were part of it in 2013 but are now part of the base.

Now, for the sports packages, I found the non sport seats to be uncomfortable, so I wanted the sports ones. In 2013 luckily there was "cheap" sports package that had that, so to me it was good deal. I personally didn't mind the black panels, they go very well with titanium

Lastly, I'm sure that leatherette works fine for some, but I really would not consider not getting the leather.

OK, long post, forgot what my point was...