View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
RhoXS, I see your profile mentions an X3 - does this one drive any differently than your other X? (assuming the other doesn't have DHP)
My 2011 X3 does not have Dynamic handling. I purchased it as a low mileage CPO a few months ago. The rocket scientist that originally purchased it spent a lot of money on things like an upgraded stereo system but impoprtant options like a rear view camera (especially), dynamic handling, comfort entry were ignored.

I have a 2013 28 X3 loaner I received last night and will probably return it later today so I have not had a lot of oppurtunity to drive it. My following opinion could easily change if I had an oppurtunity to drive it more.

After driving away from the dealer last night I quickly put it into Sport mode and left it there. My initial impression is that the ride is a bit harder and a little harsher than my X3 but certainly nothing dramatic as my non-Dynamic Handling X3 is pleasantly tight. Interestingly, my 2011 is equipped with the M Sport package and that includes sport seats and the big wonderfully fat leather steering wheel. Although handling and ride is certainly important to me, I much more prefer the huge difference in the feel of the steering wheel and how much more supportive and comfortable the sport seats are than the minimal difference in handling and ride.

The loaner has ASS and think it sucks. No good practical reason why I dislike it so much because it is indeed very responsive. I just do not like and don't want the engine stalling every time I stop. Since I do not believe it can possibly save anything consequential in fuel, I just dont like it and wouldnt want on on any car I own.

Last edited by RhoXS; 10-15-2013 at 08:57 AM.