View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
Does your 550xi have DHP? I think that's almost a must-have option with the nose heavy configuration.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I agree. I bought a 2013 535 X Drive and looked across the the country for one with Adaptive Drive and couldn't find one with this $3,500 option. I like the handling of the M Sport 535 X Drive I test drove, but it doesn't handle as sharply as 1999 E39 with sport package.

My colleague's 2010 335 X Drive was in the shop recently with a blown motor for several weeks and he had a base 528 X Drive as a loaner. I drove it several times and though the motor was a gem in every condition except at idle. I found the steering wheel a put off (spaghetti skinny) and it drove a bit too floaty and dull, but overall I thought it was a nice car. I'm sure the M Sport would improve the feel of the car.

I ended up picking a 2013 535 X Drive/M Sport because I liked the smoothness of the engine, price point and didn't have use for the 400 HP and poorer fuel economy where I live. I also, found the 550 X Drive a bit ponderous in turns, but I didn't drive one with Adaptive Drive.