Thread: 2011 550gt
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:11 AM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterScott View Post
Absolutely. Will post pics when I get it. There were other cars that I was chasing but BMW of Gwinnett was very responsive over the phone and by email. Props to them if it is allowed on the forum. I am in Dallas and I wanted the cooled seats, ivory leather, premium sound, sport package, back up camera and soft close doors and of course Nav. I would have liked dynamic handling but there are very few with that floating around. Most of the very few in this area have the 18 wheels. The dark metallic is about the only grey or black that I like. The reality is that my wife is likely to be driving this car. I have a 2012 F350 Superduty King Ranch SRW 4X4 which I drive. Her GMC Yukon POS is going to give up the ghost any day and we need a back up plan. If she likes this vehicle, I may get another 5 series and dump her Yukon for good. It will be a test to see if she can cart our 3 young boys around in a car-like vehicle.

I couldn't agree with you more... BMW of Gwinnett is great! I bought my GT from there in March, 2011. I usually don't deal with stealerships because of the haggling, games, and inflated prices. However, this dealership is about moving units (vehicles) and less worried about profit, profit, profit. Of course, there is a mark-up on the vehicle, but it just a lot less when compared to other dealerships.

I called with an offer on my GT, they made a counter-offer of $700 higher and the deal was done. As many already know, after it was said and done, I got my 2010 GT with 3,000 miles (it was a demo driven by one of the managers) with a MSRP window sticker of $92,025 for $51k. I consider it to be a great deal on a super great car, and those are still my sentiments today. No issues what-so-ever.

Good luck, MisterScott!!