View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by junky88 View Post
Hi there,

I drive a 2012 Infiniti M37, which I bought brand new. Though no issues with the car, due to change in preference I'm contemplating to trade it in for a 2012 BMW X3 or Audi Q5 or 2013 Acura RDX.

Lexus RX 350 are too slow, Infiniti FX35 has horrible mileage n doesn't look that great.

Out of the 3, Q5 is very comfortable but not fun to drive (the drive is very important for me). I'm leaning to get an X3, though the only concern being high maintenance. From the forums, X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) and the current X3 F25 (2011 - current) have had a lot of issues (drivetrain malfuction, steering malfunction...)

How would you rate the X3 v/s RDX v/s Q5 in terms of drive, maintenance and other expenses. Generally speaking, how much money an X3 would need annually in terms of maintenance after the CPO warranty expires?

Thanks!!
If you are trading in a 2 year old car, why worry about long term maintenance? You will probably be buying another car before the factory warranty is up. If not, there is always extended warranty. With that said, we had a Q5 in the pass and test drove the new RDX a few times. The Q5 does not drive as sporty as the X3, the Q5's interior is a bit nicer but the build quality is not as good. Our Q5 had a lot more problem than our X3, it was in the shop quite a bit. The RDX, like others have said, is not in the same class. The quality is not as good as the Q5 and X3, a lot of standard options missing. One that stood out the most was the passenger seat, it lacks height adjustment and lumbar support. The passenger seat is set very low, I felt like I was almost sitting on the floor. Sounds like you want the best of both world, sportiness and reliability, unfortunately, that car doesnt exist as of now.