View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponti33609 View Post
Also, FWIW, we bought an extended warranty 7/70 for less than $1,300 bucks from Fidelity which I belive writes a lot of Lexus' waraanty programs. We bought the non BMW for 2 reasons:

1. Price was about a 3rd as much
2. Covers gaskets/seals which the BMW warranty does not. Was told that can be a pain and costly should you need them done.

Cheap peace of mind even though I bet we will not go beyond 3 years as she likes a new one every few years. We have had ours now for just about 7 months and 4,500 miles and my wife LOVES this car. She has never said that before with any other car.

Anyway, best of luck in your search!
By pointi's help, I got in touch with Troy and he is giving me 5yrs/72k miles for $2994 compared to 4k from BMW platinum (and that too it expires from 6yrs from in-service date or 100k whichever comes first). I don't think Troy mentioned this 7/70k warranty - perhaps this is for new cars with very few miles on odometer.

Yes, I had RDX for 6 months and these very points (no passenger seat
adjustment, no rear vent, no parking sensors, no lighting package, a bit low, navi lockout while driving, no led rear light and DRLs,no pano roof, no reading lights in rear seats and many other small things) made me look for another car. Of course there is big reliability things that can be beat for these cars. I was looking for X5 for few months but eventually stumbled upon looking at X3 on edmunds and realized they had changed the model in 2011 ( i always they changed the model in 2013). Searched only one night and found a landrover dealer had this fully loaded X3. The previous owner stepped up in space, I guess.

I also had looked at Q5 but was not convinced about it as it lacked some nice tech features and rear seats were obnoxiously cramped

Though there are some concerns about the reliability (had to take to dealers for couple of repairs already), it appears to be perfectly balanced for my needs/wants after researching for 6+ months and then ultimately finding this car in couple of days only !!

Good luck finding the right car for you.