View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
We had a RX450h a few years back, very nice car, but it does not drive like a X3. ... the RX is a more comfortable car.
I also currently have a RX350 and that car, although certainly reliable and comfortable, is a true POS - I hate the damn thing.

It handles terribly unless you are going at constant speed on a well paved interstate. It is bouncy, suffers terribly from torque steer if given sudden throttle, and I always have the feeling I am going to lose control when taking curves. A couple of years ago we drove through the mountains around Cashiers, NC and I did not enjoy driving it at all. As I said before, it is uncannily reminiscent of my dad's big heavy metal 1950 Buicks and Cadillacs.

The $2400 Nav system is worthless because almost all user input is locked out once underway, even with someone in the passenger seat. It is necessary to pull over to a full stop on a shoulder to search for a restaurant, hotel, gas station, etc. The animosity towards Toyota because of the Nav system is way out of proportion to what it should be but we also always have a $200 Garmin on top of the dash so my wife and I can make decisions on hotels and places to eat.

My X3 is a joy in all respects compared to that hated Lexus. The sport seats are very comfortable and the Lexus has no edge at all in comfort. Even though I have owned Toyota products previously I doubt there will ever be another one.

Last edited by RhoXS; 12-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.