View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
RhoXS,

Do you have the last gen RX350? Ours was a newer model and it did handle a bit better than the last gen, but it certainly did not drive like the X3. The seats in the newer RX are also a bit more comfortable. The Lexus navi is a better system than the BMW's overall but you are right about the motion lock out, it was a PITA.
Its a 2009 (purchased new in Dec 2008), one of the last of the last generation. We would have traded it a long time ago but have only 65K miles on it and it is still in showroom perfect condition mechanically and cosmetically so it is hard to justify replacing it.

I have three major complaints with it: 1) terrible handling, 2) the ultra offensive Nav system, and 3) a very noticeable reduction in the quality of the interior materials, especially the leather (when compared to a RX300 we once had and liked).

I really like my X3, although, acknowledgeably, it is not perfect. Also, contrary to many others, I also like the nav system. The iDrive is wonderful and allows easy and minimally distracting access to all functions (it is just necessary to take some time to get to know the menu hierarchy). I also think my X3 is very comfortable and just has a good feel in all respects. I like getting in the car and almost look for excuses to need to drive somewhere (I feel the same about my 2002 Z3). I dread getting in the RX350 although it is comfortable to sit in, just not as comfortable as the X3.

One of the reasons I feel so much animosity towards Toyota, the handling and nav system not withstanding, is that I took a considerable amount of time to give Toyota some meaningful feedback in response to a survey sometime during the first year after we purchased it. Toyota did not provide any response at all, not even just thanking me for the feedback, so I am left with the impression I believe is true that they just don't give a ****. They make a really reliable product, I think most people buy their products for this reason alone, and I am not sure anything else matters to Toyota.