Thread: New Owner
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWvoid View Post
I ... relied primarily with my dealership for service.
First, I hope you enjoy your new X3.

I would strongly suggest you rely on your dealer for absolutely nothing other than warranty service or maintenance included during the warranty period. With a very few dealers excepted, you will grossly overpay for less than quality service. I am making this statement after almost 45 years of buying new cars and dealing with dealers.

No matter where I lived I was always able to find a trustworthy local shop that specialized in BMWs and/or Mercedes that could be depended upon for quality work at a fair price. Sometimes it took some effort to find a good shop but one was always there somewhere.

Again, with a very few dealers excepted, it is almost impossible to have an intelligent conversation with the dealer service advisors relative to the concerns about the work I wanted done or the problems that needed resolution. A small local quality shop is very different in this respect.

Your level of anxiety will be much less, the work done will be of a much higher quality, the cost will be less, you will be respected, and you will be able to meaningfully communicate with a good local shop.

In most cases I think it is a mistake to be of the perception that a modern BMW is to complex for anyone other than BMW.