View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 F31 M-Sport via ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstein View Post
I'm assuming it hinges on whether you just need a lift from the airport, or a ride from and to if your only staying a few days. I can tell you he is invaluable, and a true treasure. He will explain everything worth seeing, how to get from point a to point b, he knows Munich inside and out. Add to that his love for BMW and his sincere desire to help 'festers, you cannot go wrong. Rolf is a gentleman in the truest sense. I do know he is in line with cab fare, but you will get so much more with him. Email him, tell him drstein sent you !!!
Absolutely agree with DrStein!!!
Rolf was there to literally and emotionally pick us up after a very poor start to our ED trip...when the airline overbooked our flight and bumped my wife..and consequently me, from the first leg of our trip via Chicago to Munich. 5+ hectic hours later driving our way to meet the Lufthansa flight in Chicago, we boarded the plane and all was good thereafter on Lufthansa.

A quick e-mail to Rolf and he adjusted his schedule for our much later Sunday arrival time..and was right there in front of the blue/yellow Edeka grocery store inside the Munich airport. He drove us to our hotel making sure to first point out the location of LogInOut dropoff point and briefing us on German driving, camera locations etc. When we arrived at the Marriott on Berliner Strasse, he not only dropped us off but carried in our bags, waited until we checked in and then spent another 30 minutes with us in the hotel lobby lounge giving us tips on the trains, places to go/eat etc. He then dropped us off at the Welt where we did a little automotive "sightseeing". Since our delivery was "first thing" Monday at 8am, we chose to have him drive us to the Welt with our luggage to avoid Monday morning train crunch. Again, door to door service and I think the "extra" Monday morning trip was only an additional 15 euros.

If a future BMW ED experience in 3 years is in the cards, I would NOT hesitate to again reach out to Rolf...whom just after our short encounter, I now consider him my German friend. Even though we lived in Germany for three years and were comfortable with driving and I know a modicum of German, Rolf helped make the ED experience that much more special. Noch einmal, vielen dank Rolf

Last edited by miata13; 03-24-2014 at 05:16 AM.