View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 07:35 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxguy
I am continually amazed at the large number of differences between US and Canadian models-

Check out BMW.ca and see how different the config of the cars are - Little things like standard Xenon lights, panaroma roof, and different wheel styles - BMW Canada must have to continually justify the fact that the prices for US vs. Canadian vehicles are nowhere close to what the exchange rates are! Interesting.... US MSRP for X3 3.0 w/ metallic paint= $37,470 Canadian Price = $52,500 Hmmmm, interesting 1.4 while exchage rates have gone from 1.65 to 1.23 in the last year. I guess you gotta hold your gound.

Can' t wait for the snow to start! Then in April I'll look into buying some 19's
I've always been fascinated by the difference between what you get in a US or Canadian car. It used to be that people here would ask how to go about buying a Canadian spec car and importing it to get more car for their money. Looks the the opposite is starting to occur.

How does a 2005 price out in Canada? The 2005 X3 3.0 now includes a standard moonroof and wood trim and no charge automatic transmission, dropping the price even more over a comparable 2004.

Regarding the wheels, I like the 18s on the car alot, but I have considered what 19s would look like from time to time. Even then, I don't want them that much that I'd go and spend the money.