View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: AMG ML63, M3 CSL, B7 RS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPinTO
Steved---

Thank you for the informative reply. That's quite the nice stable of vehicles you have.

Forgetting exterior esthetics... (although the Cayennes makes that hard to do :P) the biggest achilles heel against vehicle performance and dynamics is weight. The Cayenne has tonnes of weight working against it. 700lbs is a huge increase over the X5, pushing that beast to 5000lbs+++. I personally hate the fat that my E46M3 has... the CSL must be a dream.

So, how would you compare the CayenneTT to your M3? Does the TT truly "rival" the it?
Thanks JPinTO. The CSL is indeed very agile, but then so is my Mini Cooper S Works and I also own a Brabus Smart Roadster that weighs just 2000lbs. Weight is the enemy of performance and whilst I tolerate it in the X5, I struggle to accept that a company as innovative as Porsche could have built a car that much heavier than the X5.

The Cayenne TT certainly wouldn't fare very well compared to my M3 CSL which gets to 100mph in 10 seconds, 125mph in 15.5 seconds and reaches 185mph flat out (I've tested it).

The final nail in the coffin for me in comparing 4.8is with Cayenne TT though was fuel economy, when I've driven the TT I've averaged around 13 miles per gallon (european gallon), whereas my 4.8is will average 21 miles per gallon on a similar trip and I've seen 27 miles per gallon on a more gentle journey. That's where you really pay for that extra weight in the Cayenne.