View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: E60 M5, RS4, ML63 AMG
Almost pulled the trigger on a Cayenne Turbo a few months back... loved the power, handling was commendable, but still had my doubts because of the styling and the tacky silvery interior trim so I sat on the fence a little... then test drove a used 4.6is and started thinking "hmmm for $40K less, this car is just about as fun to drive as the $98K Porsche and looks better too"... then an Imola Red 4.8is showed up at the dealership and later found out someone cancelled on it.... the choice was easy after one drive! The 4.8is is not only more fun to drive than the Cayenne Turbo, it also looks a hell of a lot better, sounds meaner, and has better seats (I have the sport seats). And even if the 4.8is and Cayenne Turbo were priced the same, I'd still take the 4.8is over it in a heartbeat. In my opinion, the only real justification for ever getting a Cayenne Turbo is if you absolutely have to have the quickest suv on the road. That's it. Otherwise, the 4.8is trumps it in just about every other category, especially styling.