View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: AMG ML63, M3 CSL, B7 RS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke013
One more question for Steved or anyone else that may know the answer. Does the auto transmission chip (software) learn to adapt in both sport and regular drive mode? Or does it learn in one and apply that same fuzzy logic in the other?
I don't know the answer to that one. My guess is that it learns in whichever mode(s) you drive it and compares your use of the throttle with several pre-configured variations of gearbox program to arrive at a suitable ideal for torque convertor sensitivity and kick-down/change-up points. I assume it uses this base line configuration and applies it to whichever mode you are driving in at the time. I must say I would prefer having more control over this process, as in my M3 CSL, whereby I can select up to 6 different programs manually.

Generally I have found that it takes 200-300 miles before the gearbox settles down and acts more consistently, that's what happened with mine after a new DME was fitted and the software reflashed, but it may be different depending on how you drive.