View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 09:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 01 M Rdstr 00 M Coupe
Dinan power band change

As i have posted,had the down load done,Every thing that had been posted came true quicker throtle responce,More torque but me and Stygar have been run testing are cars for a few months with new differentials. And at first mine blew his away then he did the 346 then they were even in every gear at all rpm marks again.I know my car is faster then his (now) but at 4 grand in forth gear he pulls away like hell.We believe that there is more fuel or timing had been munipulated and that the something has changed causing my car to have a complete different power band,Like the RPM`S need to be around five grand in the high gears or if you just run through the gears like you would from a start position no problem but bogging rolling starts in forth or fith gear at low four grand or below his car is quiker.But index the gears to six or seven grand and it (FLY`S)Also when I blew by Ron in the mid seven grand mark he thought he saw liquid(ie)fuel may have flew up on his windshield but we could not confirm this.Ron feels that the throtle is better,And there is more power stored at the top,needing to be used.We need dyno time or some one that has access should test and post real result in a controlled atmosphere.

Last edited by ARC///M; 07-01-2002 at 12:40 PM.