View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
AWD rocks

Mein Auto: '09 MB E350 AWD
Replace car's grounding system improves gas mileage and horse power??

the follow is an excerpt from a "motley fool" article. (i didn't know which forum to post this to. the "diy" forum seemed most logical because it talks about altering the car somewhat.)

the author wrote about tips to improve gas mileage. the 1st 1/2 of the article talked about replacing your stock air filter w/ a aftermarket high flow one. i can see his point. however, his 2nd suggestion about replacing the car's ground wired system caught me off guard. i'm not sure if i agree with that. anyone heard of this? you agree? ...maybe this suggestion is really meant for very old cars?

anway, here is 2nd 1/2 of the article.

Quote:
"A second relatively easy -- but slightly more labor-intensive -- thing you can do to improve gas mileage is to purchase a set of grounding wires. Basically, grounding wires replace your car's grounding system and net horsepower and gas mileage gains by reducing electrical resistance. You'll have to get under the hood and figure out the connections, but it is cheap and effective -- moreso on older cars than brand new ones -- and it can't hurt the car.
If you're willing to pay up, you can purchase a set of Sun Automotive's Hyper Ground Cables or HKS's Circle Earth System for about $125, or you can pick up a set of Lineage Grounding Wires for under $100. Alternatively, you can pick up a set of generic cables on eBay Motors for about $20 to $30 without giving up much, or even make your own kit with parts you can pick up at your local Radio Shack or Home Depot (NYSE: HD) for about $20."

=========================
jaisonline
'09 MB E350 4Matic
Missing my '02 325xi w/ manual trans

one good site: www.realoem.com
=========================
Advertisement