BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New BMW X3 Owner

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ashwinkhai 
#1 ·
Hi..

I got my new 2014 BMW X3 28i 2 weeks ago.. So far it has been very good. We love the car.

It has Driver assistance package, Lighting Package, Navigation, Panaromic moonroof, Heated seats.

I have few questions..

1. The day I got the car, when I switched on it says "Service Due in 10000 miles". After around 200 miles, it said "Service Due in 9000 miles". But now, when it is at 600 miles, it says "Service due in 8000 miles". I wonder if it is something to be concerned of or notified to dealer?

2. Can I dynamically change from eco-pro mode to Comfort to sports mode? I mean do I have to stop the car to change the mode or can I do it while I am driving?

3. Does navigation displays the direction list, like in google maps or GPS?

Thanks,
Ashwin K

See less See more
#2 ·
ashwinkhai, congrats on the new X3.

The service due indicator is condition base, as you drive in different condition, the mileage due will change.

Drive mode can be change on the fly, no need to stop.

To get the direction list, just push voice command and say route information.

#6 ·
I had issues last week with the "send to Car' feature from google maps but it worked again yesterday. I was using IE10.

#17 ·
Does OEM or Weathertech Cargo mat allow the Sliding Cargo Hooks to be adjusted freely or do they have to stay and the 4 corners.

#18 ·
if you slice holes in the mat you can put the cargo eyes wherever you want them on the two rails.

stated another way - you cannot use the cargo eyes with any cargo mat that I know of since the mat covers the rail,s that the eyes slide into.

#19 ·
Hi,

I know, I asked this question in my first post in this thread. This is regarding Condition Based Service. It is only at 2900 miles and now it is showing Service due in 4800 Miles..

I wonder if it is my driving style or anything else. I thought BMW service is usually every 10,000 miles or so.

Thanks,
Ashwin Kollambalath

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.