BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New owner, link me up, teach me well!

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  midlandtech 
#1 ·
So yesterday I purchased my first BMW, a 2004 330i with the Sport and M Packages. I'm a college student who used to drive a VW Cabiro so this a a pretty nice upgrade for me! The car only has 33,000 Miles and I essentially stole it for it... 10,500. :thumbup:

So could I possibly get links to stuff in regards to:

1. regular maintenance schedule
2. installing a navigation system in dash/cell phone (iPhone) communication (my car is pre-wired)
3. features such as the rain sensing windshield wipers and backup assist beep don't seem to be working, maybe they are disabled via the key?
4. Also each key moves my seat around differently, which is weird :dunno:
5. Any general guidelines or suggestions, I'm a fairly active forum user and I am very excited to be a new member!

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
Welcome to the fest, and congrats on the new to you Bimmer. This section of BimmerFest has a ton of information about our cars which you can access at any time by reading the WIKI, and we all encourage you to do so…it will answer many of your questions. Of course when you combine the WIKI (did I mention that you should read that), with the search function (this is where you can find everything about the subframe), then you have the world by the short hairs. Did I mention that you should read the WIKI.

If you plan on doing the work yourself, and for the most part maintaining your car yourself, you should plan buying a Bentley manual, and a code scanner. Then look up the part number here

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?kind=P&series=E46&arch=0

and search for the best deal here

http://furiousmethod.com/

and then get to work. Otherwise take the time to develop a meaningful relationship with an independent garage.

Good luck, and have fun, and welcome to the fest. Did I mention that you should read the WIKI.

#8 · (Edited)
THE FIRST THING you should understand is that you DO NOT have a 330i with Sport and M packages. You have a 330i with the ZHP Performance Package, heretofore reverently referred to as a ZHP.

You are right, you did steal it!!! And you don't even know yet what you've stolen. You are now a member of the ZHP Mafia. :bigpimp: You have at least a month's worth of learning ahead of you. www.zhpmafia.com will have tons of ZHP specific info for you.

And, you need to post more pics asap.

Congrats on your incredible good fortune and welcome to the 'fest. :thumbup:

One more thing. Go take off that nasty sunroof air reflector/wart. Things such as that are not allowed to blemish a ZHP.

#9 ·
Holy crap !

A noob stumbles into The Deal Of The Year ! :D

Awesome deal, mang ! Welcome aboard....

#12 ·
As others have said, loose the sunroof deflector.
Those deflectors are old school, but they work GREAT....certainly better than that useless little piece of pop-up crap that comes from the factory. I had those deflectors on all my cars back in the day, and used the sunroof a hell of a lot more often than I do these days. Not only do they control airflow a lot better, you can drive in pouring rain with the sunroof partly open without getting wet.

#13 ·
Great deal even if it is a 330ci at that mileage. It looks like a ZHP which gives you 10 more horsepower and some other nice upgrades. Send us a few pictures of the inside including the instrument cluster to make sure it is indeed a ZHP. It definitely has the ZHP wheels. You did very good on this deal. Read the Wiki and also the differences between a 330ci and a ZHP. Welcome.

#15 ·
Pretty sure I can make out the M-tech II body kit.

It certainly looks like the mesh lower grill and front end of my 03. I do miss that car. :(

OP - Great find and good price. Take care of it.

#14 · (Edited)
4. Also each key moves my seat around differently, which is weird :dunno:
[/IMG]
4. Each key stores current seat position when it used to lock the car.
If you haven't figured it out yet, each key saves different seat positions because it is assuming a different driver is using each key. Every time each driver uses their key, the car will automatically adjust the seat back for that driver's preferences. . It think there are a few more driver specific settings that the key saves too like the mirrors and radio presets.

If you don't like it, the dealer can disable this feature.

#17 · (Edited)
Tyner, Ok, one last thing, I have a set of useful E46 service tools that I'm looking to get rid of at some point (as well as a two piece 6 foot craftsman tool chest combo lol).

You being a penniless college student, if you would be interested in a good price on some tools, let me know and I'll get a list together. Would be such as Torx T handle set, 36mm socket, inexpensive Harbor Freight torque wrenches, hex head 1/2" drive socket sets, etc.

#18 ·
10500 is an amazing price for a zhp with less than 40k on it congrats on the good fortune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.